SEVEN members of a western Sydney circus training school have been charged over the alleged sadistic sexual and physical abuse of three young boys under the age of eight.
Four women, two men, and a teenage girl will face 127 charges relating to the alleged ongoing abuse of the boys, who were known to them, between 2014 and 2016 in the Blue Mountains.
Police will allege the abuse by some members of the group included sadistic “blood rituals”, The Daily Telegraph reports.
The seven people are connected to The Arcade Circus, a business based in Katoomba, about 100km west of Sydney’s CBD, according to the Telegraph.
The circus training school offers all ages classes in juggling, aerial skills, acrobatics and unicycle riding and describes itself online as “a family friendly environment”.
Detectives from the Child Abuse and Sex Crimes Squad established Strike Force Baillieu in July last year to investigate the reports.
As a result of these extensive investigations, police arrested seven people at various Sydney homes in Katoomba, Canterbury, and Wentworthville on Monday.
- A 17-year-old girl was charged with eight counts of aggravated sexual assault in company, aggravated kidnapping, and producing child abuse material.
- An 18-year-old Katoomba man was charged with 42 offences, including kidnapping, sexual intercourse with a child under 10, and common assault.
- A 20-year Old Canterbury woman was charged with aggravated sexual assault, aggravated kidnapping take person in company and commit serious indictable offence, two counts of common assault, and assault occasioning actual bodily harm. All three people were refused bail to appear at a children’s court today.
- A 26-year-old Katoomba woman was charged with 13 offences, including aggravated sex assault in company, and detain for advantage. She was refused bail to appear at Penrith Local Court today.
- A 29-year Canterbury woman was charged with five counts of aggravated sexual assault in company deprive liberty, and three counts of common assault. She was refused bail to appear at Burwood Local Court today.
- A 52-year-old Katoomba man was charged three counts of aggravated sexual assault in company (child under 10), male child abuse material, and use child under 14 to make child abuse material. He was refused bail to appear at Penrith Local Court today.
- A 58-year-old Katoomba woman was charged with 43 offences, including aggravated sexual assault of a child under 10, have sexual intercourse with a child under 10, and aggravated kidnapping. She was refused bail to appear at Penrith Local Court today.
Investigations under Strike Force Baillieu are continuing.